Location: Hopewell, Pennsylvania
Keith R. McMillen
Attorney McMillen has acted as lead counsel in a number of civil litigation matters that proceeded to verdict and that were the subject of publication in various professional Journals including the Pennsylvania Law Weekly, the Pennsylvania Jury Verdict Review and Analysis, the American Trial Lawyers Association Journal, the Pennsylvania Personal Injury and Damages Reporter and the Pennsylvania Bar Association Quarterly. Keith is AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®. AV Peer Review Rating – An AV rating is a significant accomplishment – a testament to the fact that a lawyer’s peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence. A lawyer must be admitted to the bar for 10 years or more to receive an AV rating. Martindale-Hubbell is a nationally renowned lawyer rating institute and has listed Keith in its Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers™.
Attorney McMillen is also a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum. The Million Dollar Advocates Forum is recognized as one of the most prestigious groups of trial lawyers in the United States. Membership is limited to attorneys who have won million and multi-million dollar verdicts, awards and settlements. The organization was founded in 1993 and there are approximately 4000 members located throughout the country. Fewer than 1% of U.S. lawyers are members. Forum membership acknowledges excellence in advocacy, and provides members with a national network of experienced colleagues for professional referral and information exchange in major cases. Members must have acted as principal counsel in at least one case in which their client has received a verdict, award or settlement in the amount of one million dollars or more. Attorney McMillen has obtained several Million Dollar Plus awards for clients either by trial or settlement.
Keith also was named as one of the Pittsburgh Area’s Top Rated Lawyers of 2014 by Pittsburgh Law 2014. This honor was achieved by Keith having received AV Preeminent status by his peers which is the “highest” rating attainable as determined by Martindale -Hubbell. Keith was recognized for this honor in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, the Legal Intelligencer and the Wall Street Journal.
Areas of Practice
- 100% of practice devoted to motor vehicle accidents, insurance bad faith, and other personal injury; Attorney McMillen is the Chairperson of the Beaver County Court of Common Pleas Civil Rules Committee.
- 100% of practice devoted to motor vehicle accidents, insurance bad faith, and other personal injury
- Pennsylvania, 1975
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania, 1976
- Duquesne University School of Law, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
J.D. – 1975
- Indiana University of Pennsylvania, Indiana, PA
B.A. – 1972
Honors: Dean’s List
Major: Business Administration/Criminology
- Find Keith McMillen on page 12 of the above publication.
- Martindale-Hubbell Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers
- Martindale-Hubbell “AV” Peer Review Rating
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum – Life Member, 2012 – Present
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Western Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association, Governor’s Club Member, 1992 – Present
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice, Sustaining Member, 1994 – Present
- Beaver County Court of Common Pleas Civil Rules Committee, Chairperson
Past Employment Positions
- Judge James E. Rowley, Law Clerk, 1973 – 1976
- Office of District Attorney Beaver County, Assistant District Attorney, 1976 – 1986
- Indiana University of Pennsylvania, Associate Professor, 1976 – 1978
- Township of Hopewell, Solicitor, 1978 – 1997
- McMillen Urick Tocci & Jones, Partner, 1977 – Present