Location: Hopewell, Pennsylvania
Curt W. McMillen
Attorney McMillen was admitted to practice in the State of Pennsylvania by the Pennsylvania Supreme Court and in Beaver County by the Beaver County Court of Common Pleas. After graduating with Honors (magna cum laude) from the University of Pittsburgh in Finance, B.S., Curt earned a Law Degree from the Duquesne University School of Law where he graduated cum laude and subsequently earned a Masters of Law Degree in Real Property Development from the University of Miami School of Law where he graduated summa cum laude. This post doctorate degree is important in resolving various property issues that arise in real estate transactions, commercial development and literally all property issues. In addition, Attorney McMillen has been recognized as a published author in the Duquesne Law Review Journal. While earning his advanced degree at the University of Miami School of Law, Attorney McMillen earned an internship at the international law firm of Hughes, Hubbard & Reed, LLP, a firm devoted to real property law. Attorney McMillen earned the CALI Excellence for the Future Award – Criminal Process in the Fall of 2010 while attending Duquesne University and the CALI Excellence for the Future Award – Real Estate in the Fall of 2011 while attending the University of Miami School of Law. Presently, in addition to Property Law, Attorney McMillen focuses his practice on Auto Accidents, Slip and Falls, Insurance Law and Family Law.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Property Law
- Family Law
- Municipal Law
- Business/Corporate Law
- Pennsylvania, 2011
- “United States v. Gregory: An Earlier Sentence Served in a Juvenile Detention Facility Can Make an Individual Qualify as a Career Offender Under the Federal Sentencing Guidelines Likely Adding Several Years to the Sentence,” 49 Duquesne Law Review Issue 4, Fall 2011.
- University of Miami School of Law, Coral Gables, Florida
LL.M. (summa cum laude) – 2012
Major: Real Property Development
- Honors & Activities: CALI Excellence for the Future Award – Real Estate Transactions (Fall 2011)
- Duquesne University School of Law, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
J.D. (cum laude) – 2011
Honors & Activities: Duquesne Law Review – Junior Staff, Senior Staff
CALI Excellence for the Future Award – Criminal Process (Fall 2010)
- University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration – 2008
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Beaver County Bar Association, Member, 2012 – Present
Curt believes that living an active lifestyle is very important. Weight training, running, biking, and basketball are all activities that he enjoys.