Child Support

Our attorneys can assist you in determining the correct amount of child support that your children are entitled to receive. We consider many factors in determining how much support is to be paid for each child and will fight to make sure that the amount is accurate.

How is child support calculated?

Our family law attorneys have the experience and knowledge to assist you through this difficult issue at the hearing officer level as well as, before a Judge of the Court of Common Pleas.

Can I request a modification of child support?

If you experience a change of circumstances, contact our office for help legally modifying the court order and to discuss your rights and responsibilities.

What if I miss payments?

Child support is not just a familial obligation—it is a court order. A parent who misses payments can be held in contempt of court. The Court has many powers in issuing penalties for failing to pay support as ordered.

How long does a parent owe child support?

In Pennsylvania, parents are financially responsible for their children until the child is 18 years old or graduates high school, whichever comes later unless special circumstances exist where support can go beyond emancipation. If you have questions regarding how long you should receive or pay support, call us and we can assist you in getting the answers you need.

What if I am behind in my payments after my child turns 18 and graduates high school?

Outstanding child support must be paid, even after the child becomes an adult. Wage attachments will continue until support is paid in full.